IBM SPSS announced a new update to SPSS Statistics new user interface. We’ll be talking about the new update, specifically the new chart types
Now, let’s see what each of these look like:
1. Relationship chart – A relationship chart is useful for determining how variables relate to each other.
2. Treemap chart – A treemap chart provides a hierarchical view of your data and makes it easy to spot patterns.
3. Heatmap chart – Heat map charts present data where the individual values contained in a matrix are represented as colors.
4. Word Cloud – A word cloud is an image composed of words used in a particular text or subject, in which the size of each word indicates its frequency or importance.
5. 3D Scatter – 3D scatter plots are used to plot data points on three axes in the attempt to show the relationship between three variables.
6. Dual Y-axis – When the data values in a chart vary widely from data series to data series, or when you have mixed types of data, you can plot one or more data series on a secondary vertical (Y) axis.
7. Scatterplot matrix – Scatter plot matrices are a good way to determine if linear correlations exist between multiple variables.
If you want to try these chart types yourself, please follow these instructions:
For existing SPSS Statistics Subscription users:
If you still haven’t downloaded the new user interface, all you have to do is sign in to My IBM Products & Services with your IBM ID and password. After signing in, click on download button and choose the appropriate operating system (Windows or Mac).